SAFE, CLEAN, RELIABLE
INOV8 introduced the G-Series Burners in 2007 in response to requests for a fully automated back-up burner when using waste vegetable oil as the fuel, for no loss of heat. In 2010 the resulting gas-oil combination burner became fully certified to US and Canadian safety standards as a full gas burner, a full oil burner, a waste oil burner, and a combination burner using both gas and oil at the same time. The technology is absolutely unique. This is accomplished with a Programmable Logic Control (PLC) that transitions the fuel automatically based on the users fuel selection. If oil-only is selected and the oil is depleted the PLC senses a loss of oil pressure and switches the fuel back to gas. When burning gas and oil at the same time (each at 50% firing rates) the flame is yellow and blue - see the photo above. Users of this burner have the ability to choose between the most economically available fuels. If waste oil isn't available they can use fuel oil, diesel, or gas. A simple change of the "fuel-section switch" allows burning whichever fuel is available for the ultimate in energy savings and convenience.
The same safety features designed into the S-Series Multi-Oil Burners are offered with the G-Series Burners, including the Fireye Industrial Safety Control, and redundant fuel shut-offs, and many convenience controls. A universal mounting flange allows fit-up to most heating appliances and a two-stage gas valve accompanies each burner. The following features are absolutely unique to the INOV8 G-Burner Series:
- The burner continues to operate on full oil until the furnace or boiler cycles off. When the burner restarts, it again starts on gas but the oil is already at the desired temperature so the transition time to full oil is a few seconds.
- When the power switch is turned on, there is no delay while waiting for the oil to come up to temperature. The burner starts immediately on gas. That provides the benefit of warming the chimney to establish draft and the oil preheater starts heating the oil. When the burner senses that the oil is at the proper temperature for optimal combustion, it automatically switches the operation to half gas and half oil. There is another short time of a few seconds and the burner automatically switches the operation to full oil.
- If the oil filter prevents oil flow or the tank is depleted, the burner switches the fuel back to full gas and a panel light is lit telling the operator to replenish the oil. An audible signal (buzzer) can also be heard or turned off if not desired.
- There are indicator lights to show at a glance which fuel is being used. Others lights indicate normal operation or a safety shut-down.
- The PLC control panel provides messages as to the status of the burner, including hours of operation on each fuel setting. It also provides options for setting oil preheat to accommodate extremes in types of oil or to turn off the oil preheater if fuel oil or diesel is being used.
- The PLC can be remotely accessed and controlled.
- The burner allows for adjusting fuel flow rates and air pressures. The benefit is the burner can be fully customized to any application for existing set-ups or different heating appliances.
- The preheat system utilizes the INOV8 patented method of moving the oil four feet per second through small tubes during the heating process to eliminate coking of oil and subsequent maintenance. The oil is filtered to 10 microns each pass in the heater. During the filtering it also eliminates any vapor created during the heating. The benefit is preheating to a higher temperature assuring complete combustion and white ash for less maintenance time.
- A needle penetrates the nozzle at each shutdown of the oil side. That prevents oil dripping between combustion cycles and clears the nozzle of debris should it get that far.
- The G-Series burners come in four sizes covering BTUs from 225,000 to 900,000.
Please call for sizing and fit-up to your heating appliance or desired application and for pricing and availability. Click on the following links for additional information: